The game runs for me, and as far as I can tell the stars look identical. Here's a comparison of the stars in the two most recent versions: https://ibb.co/dJn1sNV
Venture the Void 1.5.0 - How to keep your saved games
This update is a shader compatibility test.
It replaces the OpenGL 1.2 fixed-pipeline renderer for the starfield with an OpenGL 2.x shader-based one.
I would love to know:
- Does the game run for you?
- Do the stars look the same as earlier versions?
- If no to either of the above, can you describe/take screenshots?
You need to do a small file copy to migrate your save games:
- Start the game normally
- Exit immediately
- Go to /Users/(Your name here)/AppData/Local/Venture the Void/
- From the sub-folder 6700/, copy savegame/, config.info, and config_ogm.info into 6701/ (which should now exist)
- DON'T copy the world.*/ or diskman.info files
- Start the game again, you should have your saved games
Sorry about that! I had to change an internal data structure and it resulted in any existing cached data files crashing the game. This was the best reasonable solution.
Get Venture the Void
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Woot! Huge thanks-- this really does give me confirmation that probably what I'm doing here is going to work; the starfield was just an initial test, the simplest thing I could convert so I started there. I've heard from one other person so far and it works for them too, so I think I'm good to go ahead and covert the rest of the game to render this way. After that, I can start to make the visual changes I really want to do.
I'll have a chance to take a look at this tomorrow.