The Real Texas
A downloadable game for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux
BONUS - Cellpop Goes Out At Night
Texas is launching on itch.io with an all-new mini-sequel, Cellpop Goes Out At Night. The sequel is included in the Dusty Skies Edition.
Grab the bundle, here: The Real Texas - Dusty Skies Edition
The Dusty Skies Edition is only 50 cents more than the base game-- please buy that instead! :)
Customers who already purchased The Real Texas before July 12, 2016 will recieve the Dusty Skies Edition FREE. It's my way of saying "Thank you!" to the fans who have bought the game over the years.
"These days, folks have a lot of funny ideas about what makes a Real Cowboy..."
The Real Texas is an action adventure game that plays like a mashup of Zelda: Link to the Past and Ultima VI.
Sam, an ordinary Texas rancher, is on holiday in England when he steps through a blue portal and into a purgatory dimension, Strange:
Here, a friendly witch is handing out guns to visitors. A crazed, German-speaking wizard hurls elecbolts from his castle. And upriver, something's going on that involves a lot of chickens.
Stuck in the middle sits Sam, a Real Cowboy.
... But that's just his job title back home-- it's not obvious that it's of any practical help here!
The game has been out for awhile-- here's some reviews from other sites:
- "This thing is like some bizarre voxel dream, with its square, swaggerin' cowboys and its castles and insane German wizard-scientists and talking rats . . . It's fun and beautiful and a little bit rough on purpose, and I suppose I'll never forget it." - Abram03
- "i will never forget this surreal nostalgic ride. i haven't had such a rewarding experience in a long time." - countersweet
- "This game is incredible and I cannot recommend it enough to everyone." - Microwave
- Kill things with six types of classic cowboy and fantasy weapons
- Rummage through peoples' houses without fear of retribution while they go about their daily business
- Help people out with their PROBLEMS (*rolls eyes*) often by shooting your gun many, many times-- just like real life!
- Many special items and powerups, optional areas, and two types of chicken cutlets to collect
- Wear a bullet-proof vest underneath a sequined evening-gown if you want
- Supports all main game/life perlis including boss battles, enemies, traps, the estate tax
IMPROVEMENTS AND OTHER NOTES
For the re-release I added achievements, improved the framerate, added more compatibility options, and optimized things generally.
Even without the mini-sequel it's a lot improved over the original release. But I was careful to NOT ret-conn the original game. People seemed to really like it, so I wanted to respect that by not changing it up in any way.
To complete The Real Texas takes maybe about 10 hours, depending on what you want to do. Cellpop Goes Out At Night might take about 1-2 hours. Both the main game and the sequel have lots of secrets and weird things to uncover. In fact, there are some things that still haven't been figured out (to my knowledge) in four years... So I made it an achievement. Ha-ha! Good luck. :)
I've put a lot of love into both of these games, and I hope you will find them special and enjoyable. Thanks!
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $14.99 USD. You will get access to the following files: